Monday, June 6, 2011

Final Year Art Show at the Edna Manley College

I am an Art student right? Well, technically.... I am a Textiles student... Fashion Design, but I appreciate all art forms... So I make it my point of duty to visit the gallery especially at school, called "the Cage". Ok, so it is written a bit differently and all that, but you get the basic idea, pretty much, right?
As the grand finale of the semester, the Final Year BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) students, have to display their work... ( its is the most anticipated event of the academic year).
My friend, Nashade and I decided to go view the pieces and were really excited about the fashion pieces.  D-I-V-I-N-E!
Enough of my Rambling though, its time for you to see the real deal....
Behold! (LOL, I know I'm just silly)....


 What I wore: Mini-Trench- No name, Jeggings -Mossimo, Graphic Tee - No Name, Boots- Clarks
A few shots of the pieces from "The Butcher":-
This in all fairness is like the female anatomy... The Vagina
Definitely the Ass

The Leg and Uterus is all that is clear to me here...
Gross things break...
I certainly wouldn't mind taking home these two pieces...


There is just something about them that compelled me to take a pic...

My department's lovelies....
This is Sasha... I've had the pleasure of a first hand view  of her development process...
Below are a few of  the pieces from Sasha's Collection (Label) -
SOLITAIRE*




 
Sasha's pieces were really colourful and were one of 
Two collections displayed in a Black N' White Themed Room.
Like her open Group on Facebook Solitaire

So, you guessed it, Sasha was Black. And then...
There were Jehan's pieces...look into the white...




Beautiful pieces, beautiful models.....


...to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shaboya! Ooo the first sculpture of The Vagina looks like a human heart to me. Do you see that at all?
    I love the bright yellow top you wore and I could live in jeggings! Sasha's turquoise dress is so beautiful and her bright pieces are amazing esp with the pop of bright pink colours :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Yes now that you've mentioned it... It does look kinda like a heart! Thanks... and yes Sasha's dress is lovely, her design as well. Remember the Claire's nail polish? I can't seem to find it here...bummer. Maybe I'll have to check other brands like N.Y.C. Thanks for the comments and for stopping by of course...

    ReplyDelete