Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sad Event

My girlfriend aunt died. Shortly thereafter, her nana passed on too. Trying times for her but finally its over for the most part. Now she  can breathe. Its is in our tradition to observe wakes, which is more commonly called "nine night". In actuality, the nineth night was observed nine nights after the  death of the person. However, it is a common practice that a wake be held on the night before the funeral and that was what I attended to show my support.
The outfit I wore that night, Friday night, was a Punto.com blouse, White House Black Market Shorts ( actually it was a capri but it was ugly on me, so I cut it), Steve Madden wedge and Mark by avon clutch. See below...

Man my Leg's shining! LOL!!!
Shop The Look:- Crocheted detail blouseJeansClutchWedge

On the day of the funeral, Murphy's Law happened, "Anything that can go wrong , will go wrong."
I didn't get the chance to attend...looong story , but I was dressed for the occasion because I was trying to be present... See below...


Not the most flattering pic but hey, its really about the outfit...
The outfit:- Dress-Xhilaration, Shrug- Eileen West, Laser cut shoes- Naona, Belt- Forever21
Shop The Look:- ShrugDressPumpsBeltRingNecklace

But....before all that, I had work and was planning on going for drinks after work ( which didn't happen because I went to the salon to get my hair did. :D).

The outfit:- Jelly Kelly bay ( I overlaid mine with lace, a simple DIY), Cargoes- Express, Tank- Mossimo, Shades- Mark (Avon), Vest and Clogs as seen in previous posts.
Shop The Look:-Jelly Kelly BagTankCargo pants

No comments:

Post a Comment