Friday, April 15, 2011

School - Sharing a little bit of me.

In class, at the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts, where I study Fashion Design, we have been introduced to draping on a form.... Below is my first attempt. Bare with me, I am but a student...LOL
I don't know what possessed me to use a fabric as light as chiffon but, I think it worked in the long run. I like this design, but it is just the start of it. I am required to turn in a collection of 15 pieces next class. Wish me luck!

In the latter part of March, we had an Alternative Fashion show in my department at school. I entered two pieces because we had limited time. Please see below....

 
Arielle Rocked my piece for the cameras. Fabric of choice- Burlap (I know, so cliche), embellished with plastic bows and roses with Glitter from foil paper and wine stopper wrapper.

This dress was made for the Hot Couture section
 (Hot, not Haute- because we're in the tropics and its hot here!) 
It was made from Tulle and had a little lining. Purse was constructed from upholstery fabric.

The two beautiful models and I (center),  final walk down the runway. (I'm wearing my own design too!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment